“The story of SRUSA’s Tonawanda facility is one of change, challenge, and perseverance.  With renewed commitment in the investment and success of this facility, SRUSA will embrace its history while looking forward to an even brighter future as it joins the SRI family”.



First Falken Tire

On January 14th, 2016, SRUSA in Tonawanda made its first Falken tire.


100% Ownership

On October 1st, 2015; through its dissolution of a joint venture with another major tire manufacturer, SRI regained 100% ownership of the Tonawanda facility.


25% Ownership

SRI entered into a joint venture with another major tire manufacturer, whereby SRI owned 25% of the Tonawanda facility, and the other manufacturer owned 75%.


Sumitomo Rubber

Sumitomo Rubber became majority owner of the Tonawanda facility for the first time, maintaining the Dunlop USA name.


Sold to British Holding Company

In the early 1980’s Dunlop USA was sold to British Holding Company, BTR


The Early Years

In its initial years, the Tonawanda facility produced ammunition for the US military. Today, the facility’s layout is reminiscent of its design and growth during a period of international turbulence, war, and the threat of bombings.


Ground Breaking

Ground is broken in Tonawanda, NY for what would become Dunlop’s first manufacturing facility in the United States.


Proud Manufacturers of …